Sunday, January 8, 2012

What are the best tires for my Jeep with the stock Rims?

I currently have 215/75R15 tires on, is that the only size tire I can put on my Wranlger without getting new rims? What would you all recommend for me? I don't do any crazy off-roading, just trails and some shallow water.|||if you still have stock rims and dont really need a super agressive tire then i hgihly recommend walmart. i had a walmart brand tire for 2 years and they are just starting to burn a little now. i got 31x11.50x15 on mine without a lift. the best part is that they are cheap there and they have a road hazzard warrenty meaning if you run a nail over or anything for that matter and the tire is destroyed, you take it to walmart and they will replace it for free no questions asked. i would do that if i were you. they are much more inexpensive than name brand tires but are just as good for what you want. HAPPY JEEPIN! =)|||BFG All Terrains are good all purpose tires. Had Walmart Liberator All Terrains on a truck, they were ok.|||The largest tire you can put on the Wrangler without a lift is 31X10.5.You can use the stock rims with that size.I like Mickey Thompson tires but they wear fast.|||BFG KO AT 31s. Those things last for ages.. people report getting over 55k miles a set with them.|||A friend of mine put on 32x11.5x15 on his jeep on stock rims and they do just barely rub at times. I have the same size on mine with aftermarket rims and a small lift kit. I don't have any problems.


BFG All Terrains look great on jeeps and you can get them in the 31x10.5 the other poster suggested. They will make the jeep look better overall.|||I have 32x11.50x15 mud tires on my stocked rims, but I also have a 3" suspension lift and had to get 1 inch spacers to keep the tires from rubbing. I think that's the biggest size you can put on the stocked rims comfortably. Anything wider, you would need wider rims, or at least wider rims are recommended. If your Jeep is all stocked (meaning no lift), then I wouldn't suggest putting anything larger than 31x10.50x15s on.

No comments:

Post a Comment