Thursday, January 12, 2012

What kind of tires should I put on an 01' Volkswagen Passat?

My husband is deployed right now and his car needs new tires. I'm just wondering what I should lean towards and far as brands. He told me to get something that's mid-grade, but that's all I know. I just want to go the tire place with an idea of what to get so I don't get scammed into getting something I don't really need.What kind of tires should I put on an 01' Volkswagen Passat?
For most of the VW's I have come across it seems that Michelin radials are the norm. If you find that pricey, go down to Dunlop radials. Radials are by far a better bet than bias ply. You save way more on fuel and Michelin for example will give you 60 to 100 thousand miles on them. That pays for them compared to buying a couple of sets of tires of el Cheapo.What kind of tires should I put on an 01' Volkswagen Passat?
Go to Discount Tires. They are one of THE best tire shops in the country. They're so good, you've got to make an appointment!!

They'll gladly discuss with you the tire sizes and prices.

Otherwise, just go to Walmart. They've usually got a good price range, are VERY competitive, and have good deals for extra package deals. (little extras like new stems, balancing, etc).



either place should be fine for your needs as a 'newbie' tire purchaser!!What kind of tires should I put on an 01' Volkswagen Passat?
To be safe, you can replace them with the same brand that came on the car from the factory. I believe they are Goodyear, which are too expensive IMO. I would stick with a major brand though. Check the links below for more brands and reviews from customers. You can find an idea of what to get, then go shopping at the tire store armed with some information to make a smart buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment