Thursday, January 12, 2012

Has anyone heard of Westlake tires, and if so are they good tires?

I just recently had to purchase a couple for about 200 bucks. I looked online and can't find much info about them, except there has been a recall on some tires used on SUV's and Vans. Any information will be helpful.Has anyone heard of Westlake tires, and if so are they good tires?
WESTLAKE TIRES. MOSTLY MADE IN CHINA, MAJOR TIRE MANUFACTURER, PREMIUM QUALITY. DESCENT WET WEATHER,MILEAGE. GOOD BANG FOR YOUR BUCK. HAD A VOLUNTARY RECALL ON SOME HEAVY DUTY TRUCK TIRES MADE YEARS AGO. MANY TOP LINE DISTRUBUTORS ACROSS THE COUNTRY.

NEVER HEARD OF JUNK LINE TIRES. ALL TIRES ARE DOT APPROVED AND TESTED.

HOW MANY PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT 18,000 MICHELIN MOTORCYCLE TIRES RECALLED?
Yes its junk, I paid over one hundred dollars for it and it lasted 3 weeks.

Report Abuse

Has anyone heard of Westlake tires, and if so are they good tires?
The Westlake H600 is a good tyre. To my knowledge they are an ex-Bridgestone tyre, the DONUT series GR50 tyre-actually a very good thing in its day. They were fitted on my 2nd hand Toyota Yaris, have driven on them on highway speeds and city-v.competent.

Report Abuse


Take a look at westlake.com.au. The H660 to my eyes is a rebadged Yokohama Aspec series tyre, previously found on Mitsubishi Mirages as standard stock. The H600 is the old Bridgestone GR50-I thought they would be crap but seem to be rebadged designs from quality manufacturers.

Report Abuse

Has anyone heard of Westlake tires, and if so are they good tires?
I am sure it depends on your application but I just got 2 for my 1997 Camry CE and they seem to be more quiet that the bridgestones that I replaced them with. I would not call the SP06 tires that I bought a performance tire by any means, but niether is the Camry CE a performance car

Report Abuse


Never heard of them sounds like some cheap junk tire.

No comments:

Post a Comment