Sunday, January 8, 2012

What difference would these tires make?

I have a 2002 Toyota 4Runner. My tires (Michelin LTX M/S) have 71k miles and have performed very well. When I went to get new tires at Costco they said I had non-standard tires and would not give me the same tires (30x9.50 r15). They want me to downgrade in size to the manufacturers recommended size (225/75 r15). I never even realized I had non-standard tires. I drive almost exclusively normal city driving, although I do pull my boat on weekends. The only off-roading I do is when I go to a Gator football game I jump a curb or two for parking. I looked at the two tires side by side and there is a few inch difference. Should I go with the Costco/manufacturer suggested tire or stick with what I have. I called around and there are plenty of places that will install my non-standard tires it's just it'll cost me more money.|||save the money go standerd If you want the look of a true four wheeler get the bigger tire me I would do regular 225/75|||If you are happy with your current tires, I would get the same size. However, if money is tight or you don't paln on keeping the vehicle for very long, than perhaps the stock tire would be worth considering. It just depends on how important those factors are to you.|||The oversize tires make your speedo read about 3.8 mph slow, which means false info to your computer, improper injector timing etc.


If you feel like your getting ok fuel mileage and there are no other problems either way should be ok. I have the same situation on my 98 ram and other than being a little high geared in reverse it's fine. The big ones probably look better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment