Thursday, January 19, 2012

Where can I get bike rims with the tires already mounted on them?

I have 16 year old BMX bike that the wheels and tires are about to just fall apart. I can't find anywhere to buy a front wheel with the tire mounted on it, or a rear wheel with a tire and a crank on that either. Can someone send me a link to where I might find them?Where can I get bike rims with the tires already mounted on them?
you have no idea what you are talking about

this makes no sense



wle
Wheels are not sold with tires already mounted. If you bought the wheels and tires in a bike shop they would probably mount the tires for you, but it really isn't all that difficult to do yourself. Before you go any farther with this, make sure that the bike is worth fixing up. If the wheels are in such bad shape that they need to be replaced, it is very possible that the bike needs other work as well and you could end up spending more than it would cost to buy a complete bike. If you lack the necessary skills to install a set of tires, you might be well advised to take your bike to a shop to see if it is worth fixing.Where can I get bike rims with the tires already mounted on them?
No such thing. You have to learn how to mount a tire on a rim if you want to bicycle.



And there is no "crank" on a rear wheel. Rear wheels have "freewheels" with "sprockets".



You should use a bicycle glossary, so we know what part you are talking about:



http://www.sheldonbrown.com/glossary.htm鈥?/a>
A-G



This is EXACTLY what your local bike shop is for! Just go in and tell them what you want. I would take in my bike to look at so they can advise you better!



SoccerrefWhere can I get bike rims with the tires already mounted on them?
Your local bike shop can fix you right up. Google "bicycle shop" + your zip code. Brings them all up in your area. Start making phone calls to compare prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment