Thursday, January 19, 2012

Can I sue the dealership for selling me with bald tires which caused me an accident?

Got into an uncontrolled vehicle accident in mild wet lane with the used car I just brought from the private dealership. I got an ticket for having bald tires on the rear. I hurt my back, can I file a law suit against the dealership for not taken care of it before selling to customer??? If anyone know any place I can file claim or suit. Please write it down. Thank You.



State of Georgia.Can I sue the dealership for selling me with bald tires which caused me an accident?
In most states, unless othewise agreed to, used cars are sold in an "as-is" condition. Some states may require certain safety features be in place before a sale, but, otherwise, it would by YOUR responsibility to check the tires on the vehicle before you agreed to buy it.



Add to that, the fact that, as a driver, YOU are responsible to inspect your car before you put it on the road. As far as the cop that issued you a ticket is concerned, no one FORCED you to get in a drive a car with bald tires.



You appear to be S.O.L.
First of all, suing is not always the answer. There are some instances when suing is the proper way to go about a situation, but this is not the time to sue. If you try to sue, you will lose because it is the buyer's responsibility to make sure that the vehicle was sold with the proper tires and other equipment. This was not the dealerships fault, but it was yours. You are to inspect the vehicle and you should ensure it is in tip top shape before being sold. So you can sue if you want to, but you are wasting your time. If it was sold that way, the buyer is at fault for not looking at the condition of the vehicle.Can I sue the dealership for selling me with bald tires which caused me an accident?
I think you are looking at a lost cause. First it is always buyer beware. you are responsible for verifying a car is fit for your use before you buy it. So the assumption here is that the rear tires were OK at time of sale or you would have had them replaced before you bought it.

Etc, etc. Anything you try to do to lay the blame for your misfortune will be turned on you in court.
define "just bought".



If it was the day before, or maybe even the week before, you might have recourse, but if the tires were legal when you took possession of the car, it's your problem.Can I sue the dealership for selling me with bald tires which caused me an accident?
No. If you wanted good tires you should have bought them or negotiated with the dealership to have them put on new ones.



Its your own fault buying a car that may not have been "safe" to drive.
Didn't you check the tires BEFORE you bought it? Oh, you DID?



Forget it --- you want someone to blame, pal.
you are out of luck, car was sold as is
Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment