Thursday, January 19, 2012

When you lift a truck do you need new tires?

I am currently looking into buying a truck but my only problem is that it has a lift on it but the original tires. Is this bad for the truck? If I were to replace the tires would i then have to replace shocks, struts, etc...? I like the truck I'm just not sure if I want to double the price of the vehicle from extra things i'd have to do to it.When you lift a truck do you need new tires?
If the lift was done right, the shocks and such will not need to be replaced.

If you put over sized tires on it however the speedometer will need adjustment.

If the speedometer was adjusted to over sized tires and you use stock, you will be going much slower then you think.

So find out what has been done before buying and just get the parts to match the changes (tires that match the calibration on the speedometer.)When you lift a truck do you need new tires?
I would replace the original tires, they look too small after you lift a vehicle.... get bigger tires.
  • pro comp
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment