Thursday, January 12, 2012

Should I contest a parking ticket for my tires touching the crosswalk?

I live in Brooklyn and had to pay $200 towing fee + a $115 ticket. I was touching the crosswalk with my tires, but I feel like the fine is excessive? Do I have a chance of being forgiven the fine if I plead my case in the hearing?



I've read that people get out of tickets sometimes just by showing up.Should I contest a parking ticket for my tires touching the crosswalk?
When parking on a street, your Traffic Code indicates the space which you must leave between the front of your car and the crosswalk, usually approximately 10 feet.....so, check your Traffic Code.

As far as showing up in court goes, yes, I have seen where people "get off" paying fines if the officer who ticketed you doesn't show up

At any rate, you do have to pay for the towing fee, and perhaps prove you have receipt of paying your ticket before you can get your car back........so check with the towing facility compound where your car is located........
wow..im glad i moved away...tickets in my town are 10 dollars fight it if you have the time but i dont think u can win...its you VS the state of NY...[or the city of NY]Should I contest a parking ticket for my tires touching the crosswalk?
If you contest it, plead NOT GUILTY. Otherwise you'll show up, waste a day, and still have to pay the fine.
The tires may have touched but the rest of the car ahead of the tires adds to the problem--so I doubt if you will win---don't waste your time. You didn't take pictures and the judge will not have anything to gauge the testimony by.---words mean nothing.Should I contest a parking ticket for my tires touching the crosswalk?
It works the same in all states, show up and talk about the ticket to the judge dont contest it because that will make him or her very upset, your chances are 50/50, good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment