Sunday, January 8, 2012

How much difference do the winter tires make on the snow if I get a rear wheel drive car?

I live in Minnesota where winter lasts for about 6 months. I love driving and I cannot really find a good and not super expencive sports FWD or AWD car. There just so many good sport cars which are only RWD! has anyone had an experiece driving FWD with all season tires VS driving RWD with winter tires on the snow? Which types of winter tires have you used? Thanks!|||get a srt-4, it's fwd, but no seriously!





RWD is RWD, it doesn't get traction into corners half the time on dry pavement, and tires at this point really can't make a diffrence.





I spent 2 and half years learning to drift in my pos mazda, so i wouldn't have to worry about traction problems, and when i got my fwd i had to reteach myself everything, cause you actually go were you steer!





YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY





Good-year offers like 3 diffrent kinds of ICE-Traction tires, and they are probably your best bet, without spendin like 200 per tire.|||I am a salesman at a automotive shop we use snow tires on alot of our customers cars especialy the mercedes bmws and mustangs. They make a huge difference. They are much softer that regular tires which makes them very sticky even on ice the side effect is the longer you drive them on dry pavement the faster they will burn up. The best are made by michelin they have a super soft coumpound all the way through. Most company only use the snow counpoun half way through and then it jsut turns into a regular tire. A close second is the bridgestone blizzak.|||I use regular all terrain tires,a lot of how well the car goes has to do with the driver.I have seen 4wd vehicles stuck on the side of the road and went right on by in a little mazda pickup.

No comments:

Post a Comment